OVERVIEW OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMME
As an Innovative Training Network (ITN), List_MAPS offers to its recruited ESRs a high quality scientific training as well as a complementary skills training. The fellows benefit of the research expertise with the different laboratories of the network, and get research and complementary skills training by the network’s activities (Summer Schools, Workshops, meetings) and the international events.
MOBILITY OF THE ESRs – SECONDMENTS
The research training is mainly performed by the supervisor’s laboratory of the recruited ESR and by the partners’s laboratories through the secondments. A secondment is a period spent by an ESR at the premises of a partner other than the one which has appointed the ESR under the project. Every ESR spend between one to three months in an other partner to realize a part of his/her individual project. These secondments give the opportunity to benefit from specific training facilities in other partners and give them the opportunity to experience the working environment in other laboratories.
See the testimonies of the secondments:
- 7-27 July 2016, ESR 2 Vanessa to GenXPro
- 27 March to 5 May 2017, ESR4 Amber to WUR
- 2 April to 27 May 2017, ESR8 Catarina to SDU
- 1-31 May and 1-30 June 2017, ESR6 Natalia to NUIG and UCC
- 12-27 June 2017, ESR 2 Vanessa to UB
- 6 June to 31 July 2017, ESR11 Bohyung to UB
- 31 July to 25 August 2017, ESR9 Ibrahim to GXP
- 31 July to 9 September 2017, ESR7 Patrìcia to NUIG
- 21 November to 20 December 2017, ESR5 Tiago to UCPH
- 8 to 26 January 2018, ESR4 Amber to UB
- 15 January to 2 February 2018, ESR7 Patricia to UB
- 14 January to 18 March 2018, ESR3 Miguel to UCC
- 30 April to 19 May 2018, ESR1 Maja to UCC
- 27 May to 26 June 2018, ESR3 Miguel to SDU
- 04 to 13 July 2018, ESR5 Tiago to UB
NETWORK ACTIVITIES AND INTERNATIONAL EVENTS
In addition to their day-to-day research training, the ESRs participate to different events organized by the network. These activities provide them scientific courses and soft skills training. Besides the network activites, the ESR will attend international conferences (ISOPOL; FEMS; ISME; ASM) that will be an opportunity to present their results to international community:
PERSONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN
To accompany the ESRs in their training, an individual Personal Career Development Plan is also managed for every ESR. This Career Plan help them to identify their training needs and career objectives and give them the necessary tools to continue their career in the academia or industry sectors.